Sunday, July 7, 2019

Second Premier Club sculpt revealed!

Good news, everyone! The second Premier Club sculpt of the year has finally been revealed on the Premier Club blog! Check out his head:



Wow, look at the detail! I'm guessing this is the clay master, so it's anyone's guess how much of that detail will end up on the plastic version. I'm a little hesitant to say I like it just because he's so beefy, but Saddlebreds tend to look like that, so I'll have to get over it. Here's the front view:



I'm hesitating to reserve judgement until I see the whole sculpt, but I like his head at least. I'm a little perplexed as to why they'd make a new Trad in the same pose as last year's Classics Mason, but it's good to have a new Saddlebred. I imagine they'll wait until Friday morning at Breyerfest to reveal the whole thing, but who knows, maybe we'll see it tomorrow! I hope so.

4 comments:

  1. Looks more like a Morgan than a Saddlebred to me, but the sculptor is well known for doing both breeds, so you never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if it was a Morgan, but that little blip of clay in front of the mane in the side shot kinda looks like it could be the top of a braid, so I figured it was a Saddlebred. Then again, I don't think Breyer would do sculpted-on braids in this day and age, but you never know...

      Delete
  2. I do think this is a saddlebred (I Show saddlebreds) in that from the front it looks like it’s racking. Also, Morgans faces are a lot more beefy, and not as long as this face is. And yes, saddlebreds look very beefy from the front! I remember looking at my saddlebreds, and I never really realized how beefy they really are! Jennifer Scott did an amazing job with her/him though! So, overall, I’m guessing it’s definitely a saddlebred!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah -- I took a second look and I think you're all right: Saddlebred it is! Really has Jennifer's look about it -- she's really good with that breed.

    ReplyDelete