Saturday, July 6, 2019

Featured Model - 7/6/2019, Glossy Palomino Pinto Pop the Cork

Hello and welcome to yet another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. In honor of Breyerfest being a week away, this week's model is...the Glossy Palomino Pinto Pop the Cork!



This shiny fellow was a run of 155 and was item #711181 on the Nokota mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. He was one of the possible colors that could be obtained as part of that year's Pop the Cork surprise run.

Although I like palominos, I'll admit there are some shades of that color I don't like. Fortunately, this guy isn't one of those shades. He looks like caramel! Mmm. And his blue eye is so striking! If I'm going to be nitpicky, I'd like to see a little bit of darker shading on the mane and tail (to set them off from the white markings a little more), but it's no biggie. He almost looks good enough to eat!

The Nokota himself has been used in many ways, but we haven't seen him at Breyerfest since his 2014 appearance as the surprise model. He was the big cat Java in 2017, as well as the limited edition Illumination, and was the event model at the 2018 Scottsdale Stampede, so I wonder if Breyer's giving the mold a bit of a rest? Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing a new regular run on him, despite his odd shape negating a wider-than-usual box. More regular run Moody molds is never a bad thing!

Anyway, I hope we see a new Nokota soon - as long as it's one I can get my hands on!

No comments:

Post a Comment