Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Premier Club sneak peek and silent auction Valegro!

Finally, a clue as to the second Premier Club release of the year! Breyer posted a portion of a sketch on the Premier Club Blog (probably never to be updated again) today!



Ooh, it looks like a Saddlebred! Breyer is definitely overdue for a new Trad Saddlebred, although it might be a little bit weird to get one in pretty much the same pose as last year's Classic Mason. Maybe it's a TWH? I might be able to get behind that, or a Morgan. Saddlebred is definitely my first choice, though! Good thing we only have to wait a week or so to see it, eh?

In other news, photos of one of the Breyerfest silent auction lots went up on the Breyerfest Blog today!



Ooh, a glossy black Valegro! He'll go high, although I kinda wish they'd found a different stand to put him on. Black horse, black stand, not enough contrast. Speaking of contrast, I think he needs a little white - maybe a snip or a small star, Friesian-style.

His costume is amazing, though!


Created by the amazing Didi Hornberger, who made last year's racing tack set for the OOAK Carrick in the silent auction. So how much will this set sell for? I'm guessing at least $3,000 - possibly more, since Valegro is a popular mold. More importantly, this knocks Valegro out of the running for this year's surprise model. It's looking more and more like the Moody Andalusian is the way to go this year, and if that's the case I hope the volunteer model is something I don't want, so I don't have to try to get both!

No comments:

Post a Comment