Sunday, July 28, 2019

New Arrivals: Natasha, Glossy Pearl Hero's Welcome and Hal

Next in our series of new arrivals: Natasha!



I'm a bit surprised this special run has gone under the radar as much as it has, since I had thought the Weather Girl was a pretty popular mold. But I got the liver chestnut Natasha in my first trip through the store, so when I got this one later, it was almost as an afterthought. She doesn't look like the promo photos (do they ever...?),  but she's still nice. I think this run really should have had a matte/glossy split to help with sales, even if that meant I had to keep buying her all weekend trying to get both. I know I've pooh-poohed that in the past, but as far as I know, the Natashas didn't sell out, and she would have been a perfect candidate for gloss.

Next: the glossy pearl Hero's Welcome!


I'm so glad I managed to pull a glossy this year! Well, other than the decorator, since it appears those are also all glossy (My husband pulled that one this year). At first I thought I'd gotten a third matte pearl, so it was a nice surprise to unwrap him and see SHINY! He doesn't have a lot of flaws, either, so it's win-win. And he has a nice gold sheen to his color that I'm not sure my matte pearl has - or maybe the gloss just brings it out more. Either way, he's pretty!

Lastly, let's take a look at Hal!


I feel like Hal has been another sadly-overlooked model this year - probably because of his plain chestnut wrapper (though the production run size and purchase price probably didn't help; $75 for this, really?). His paintjob has a lot of nice shading, and he has that long white blaze to complement his face. His eyes aren't terribly detailed though, and he has those pink eyewhites that make me wonder if he's been burning the candle at both ends again. But I think he'll look nice on the shelf next to Dundee!

That's all for now - tune in again soon for more new arrivals!

No comments:

Post a Comment