Thursday, July 11, 2019

Breyerfest Day 0: Wishful Thinking

Whew. Another long day is finally over! Two people came to the room, asked about the blog, and got a free Stablemate - keep it coming! Anyway, after I got the baby to bed, I decided to check out the Artisan's Gallery so I could see the Breyerfest special runs for myself. Along the way, I checked out a few rooms full of sales models. And there's a lot of wishful pricing out there. Just saying...

Anyway, after a long wait (the longest I've ever had to wait to see models in the AG), I finally made my way to the front. So, let's take a look at Oliver, the Celebration Model!



Okay, that's not the best photo, but whatever. I keep seeing photos of the real Oliver where he looks more like a bay than black, but he could just be sun-faded. I'll have to take a closer look at my Celebration Models later and see if they're flat black or not.

Next, here's the Oliver plush!

 

He's definitely a cutie! Next, here's Natasha, Banner and the 30th Anniversary Stablemate Set:



I was surprised at the size of the Stablemate set's box, but I guess it does have to fit 10 models in it. Ugh, I hope I can get one in the pop-up store line tomorrow! That's where we're headed first. I was also surprised at Natasha's color - I was expecting more of a buckskin, but she almost looks bay. Was she described as buckskin in the writeup? I can't remember. And Banner looks nice - I shouldn't sound so unenthused about him, but he's definitely going to be our top priority in the special run line since his quantity is only 800.

Next, let's take a look at Hal, Pepper and Quill (and Banner again):




Take a look at the cartoon graphics on Hal's box - I love it!  They're really playing into the superhero theme (kind of to the detriment of the military/anniversary themes, I feel). Quill and Pepper both look nice - I see Pepper's mane doesn't look as yellow as it did in the promo photo.

Next, here is the crystal:



 

She is definitely tempting me more than the crystals usually do, but I just don't buy breakables. Now if they'd only come out with her in plastic!

Next, here's Rico, Diana and Zipped in Black Magic:

 

Rico's box is really cool! I love the starry colors against his light color. And could Diana be any more scrumptious! A good gloss coat makes everything look great. I guess I really am a gloss junkie - more or less. I must resist buying her, though! And Zipped in Black Magic's box has the same cartoony look as Rico's, though I accidentally cut it out of the photo. Next, here's a look at Emerson:


 

I guess you can kind of see Zipped's box in the back there. Anyway, Emerson looks nice, although the mold is (as usual) hard to photograph well. I'll get my hands on him eventually.

Next, let's take a look at Sarge and Bucky:



Sarge's box is cute! It's almost enough to tempt you to buy another one to keep it in the box...almost. As for Bucky, I really think they should have done some type of army mule for the animal special run, since we all know how well Beethoven sold in 2010 (hint: not well). Hey, a mule isn't technically a horse, right?

And lastly, here are the single-day Stablemates!

 

I'm not terribly thrilled about the blister packaging, even though it's cute. I'm not one to leave anything in its packaging, so to me it's just more trash to fill up the landfill. And since most people like to see both sides of a model before they buy it, I won't be the only one! Sheesh.

In other exciting news, the hidden auction lots have been revealed at the Horse Park. I didn't get a chance to sneak over there today, but I saw photos on the Internets! The hidden lots are on Silver, the Cantering Welsh Pony, the Fighting Stallion (looks like the test from the voting contest that led to Starlet's existence), the dapple gray Bristol we already knew about, and...an Alborozo! They're really going all out with the auction models this year! I'm almost afraid to see what that Alborozo will sell for. Anyway, that's all I've got for right now - I'll definitely try to get photos of these amazing auction models tomorrow! I have a lot of stuff to get done before we go to bed! Breyerfest is almost here!


No comments:

Post a Comment