Saturday, July 20, 2019

Featured Model - 7/20/2019, Bonne Fete

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. After last week's Breyerfest hiatus, we're back this week with...Bonne Fete!



It's pretty fitting to feature Bonne Fete this week, since he was a special run at the 25th Breyerfest back in 2014. He was a run of 1,425 and was item #711183 produced on the Carrick mold sculpted by Sue Sifton.

I love the color on this model! Extended blanket appaloosa is always hard to turn up your nose at, and he just looks so good in bay! His paintjob is quite detailed for a Breyerfest special run - I like the contrast of the white areas on the legs that would normally be black. I wish they'd use this pattern on him again, honestly. Well, who am I kidding - he probably has a few tests in different colors that weren't used in the Breyer archives.

Carrick is among my favorite of the molds introduced through the Premier Club, so up until last year I had impatiently been waiting for him to be used as a portrait model. Seriously, how did it take 5 years for Carrick to be used to portray a real racehorse? At least he got two portraits in the same year (Brass Hat and Justify). I guess he had been used as Cortes C before that, but even that took 3 years. What gives?

Anyway, I wonder where we'll see Carrick next? He'll probably get a bit of a rest after being used as the Breyerfest Celebration horse and as Justify (and I don't think Justify will leave the RR line anytime soon), but I wouldn't say no to a web special on him. Or maybe a Collector Club special run? I guess that won't happen soon either, since we're getting the one on Valegro soon and the first one for next year will presumably be whoever wins the Making a Splash contest. But I can hope for someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment