Sunday, July 14, 2019

Breyerfest Day 3: Over for Another Year

It's all over, folks! Breyerfest 2019 is a wrap. As always, I'm sad it's over, but I was definitely ready to be done with hot, sweaty walks to and from the car (even if I did spend more time in air conditioning than usual).

So what was our tally for surprise models? We were very lucky and wound up with two dapple grays, two champagnes, one decorator, and a glossy champagne. I was then able to trade my extra gray and champagne for two chestnut pintos. I'd like to trade the chestnut pinto for a rose gray, but no one has taken me up on that yet. Personally, I thought the chestnut pinto was the prettiest, but the rose gray is nice too.

So I'll be excited to see what Breyer releases for run numbers, especially the rare variations of each special run. I really didn't think they'd do the rare variations again - 2014 was a special anniversary year (25, 50, 75, etc), after all. Then again, who knows if Breyerfest will still be around in another 20 years? I guess they should do this special stuff while they can, no matter how much it confounds the rest of us.

And next year's theme is Celtic - interesting! I was hoping for a Japan theme myself, but maybe they want to get away from Olympics themes. I wonder if the Connemara Mare (Croi) will be the surprise? She showed up in the auction this year, so it could happen. Then again, Breyer broke that rule with the Hero's Welcome surprise, so who knows anymore.

That's about all I can think of for now (I think the sun fried my brain). Time to get some rest and recover. I did get photos of the upcoming models in the Collector Club tent, so be prepared for some Breyerfest Closeups posts in the near future! I hope everyone else had a great Breyerfest!

No comments:

Post a Comment