Monday, July 29, 2019

New Arrivals: Liver Chestnut Natasha, Decorator Hero’s Welcome, Banner

Next in our series of New Arrivals to the herd: the liver chestnut Natasha!



Breyer confirmed only a few days ago that she is in fact a run of 30, so I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten one. Well, technically my husband got her in one of his many trips through the SR line. He got the decorator surprise this year, too - maybe I should have him go through the line every time? It probably couldn't hurt.

When I first unwrapped her, I saw she wasn't the expected Natasha color, but put her aside pretty much immediately and didn't think too much of it. Clearly I didn't have the luck to draw something SUPER rare, right? It had to be some kind of half-and-half run. This was in the chaos of Friday morning, when all kinds of variations were turning up and anything was possible. So I didn't get too excited about the special Natasha...until it became clear this was anything but half-and-half. Or thirds. or fourths. Or...you get the idea.

I'll admit this Natasha isn't the rarest model in my collection, but I'm really grateful that my Weather Girl collection will remain almost complete! And I'll be watching to see what prices this mold brings on the secondary market, so I know exactly how much she's worth.

Next, let's take a look at the decorator Hero's Welcome!



I could have sworn that this model was matte, but Breyer is claiming all of the decorators were glossy this year, so...he must be glossy, I guess. I still haven't decided if I'm going to name him Pond Scum, Swamp Gas or something else - Silver Moss, maybe? He seems to be right in the middle, color-wise - not overly green, but not all that silvery either. Silvery Moss? Clearly I need to think about it more.

We laughed when I unwrapped this one, because it seems like we always get the decorator (in years when there is one). And usually we get both finishes, to boot! I'll admit I kind of wonder what Breyer was thinking with this one, color-wise (is that supposed to be army green?), and since Sommer didn't design it, we can't even get an explanation from her! He's pretty, in his own way...but maybe I will name him Pond Scum.

Lastly, here's Banner!



I didn't expect this model to be as popular as he was, considering the lukewarm reaction from the hobby when he was first introduced, but I suppose I should have expected it, considering his low run number. Someone said the numbers worked out so there were only 42 of them per hour? Crazy stuff. I was worried about not being able to get one, but we ultimately ended up with three of them - I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try to pull a blue one. Lightning didn't strike twice there, but it was interesting to see the different variations in the run. One of the two I sold had a very orange muzzle! Interesting stuff. Now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to fit this one onto my shelves...

That's all I've got for today. Check back later for more New Arrivals!

No comments:

Post a Comment