Wednesday, July 17, 2019

The Breyerfest Blues - Again

Although this year's Breyerfest was much more of a hassle this year, I'm still sad that it's over - time seemed to flash by faster than ever before. Yesterday morning I was at the Kentucky Horse Park taking photos (they were still dismantling things from Breyerfest), and today, the following afternoon, I'm wistfully writing about it on my blog. How does the time go so fast? Oh well.

One thing that isn't going so fast is Breyer posting the numbers breakdown for the Hero's Welcome Surprise and all those variations in the other special runs. Hurry up, dang it!

My daughter and I got home very late last night after our flights back were delayed, but we made it. My husband is still driving and will be home in a couple of hours, so my models (and camera) are still packed in the car. But, fear not! I'll start working on my Breyerfest Closeups series as soon as I have access to my photos again.

In the meantime, voting is still happening for the Making a Splash contest on the Breyer website. If you need a refresher, Breyer is holding a vote for one of these three horses to be a Collector Club special run next year:



Honestly, all three of these are molds I collect, so I'll be happy with whatever the result is. I voted for Esprit, but I'm guessing Duende will probably win due to how new he is. And since I don't have space for any new Desatados or Esprits, it'll be easier fitting him onto the shelves! Voting ends on 7/22, so don't waste any time getting those votes in!

No comments:

Post a Comment