Wednesday, July 31, 2019

New Arrivals: RCMP Liam, Man of the Hour, Mini Gooitzen

Continuing with our series of new arrivals, let's take a look at the RCMP Liam!



I have to admit this guy is a cute mini-me of the Trad RCMP horse, even down to the glossy maple leaf on his butt! He even had the little maple leaf hang tag, and his box matches the Trad's box (at least, I think it does). Too bad Liam had already been done in black as Black Beauty, or I probably would have been more impressed with him. Quality was nice, though.

Next, the volunteer model Man of the Hour!



I was lucky enough to be able to trade for this guy. I'd been dreading finding out the identity of the volunteer model, fearing it was something I'd need to buy, but trading for him worked out perfectly! And he's a beautiful color; I think Breyer described him as a "Dark Bay Pearly Roan." He's definitely pretty! I'm a little iffy about that marking on his left front hoof, though - shouldn't the hoof color be a little more different from the body color? The way it is now looks like somebody accidentally airbrushed the body color onto the hoof.

And while we're on the subject of Totilas, I was finally able to break the Koh-i-Noor curse and found one for a good price! Huzzah!

Next, let's take a look at the Mini Gooitzen model from the 30th Anniversary Set!



Sorry for the subpar photo. True to his Trad counterpart, the mini Gooitzen fan Teakesyl (RIP) is glossy black. I was surprised to notice he has brown eyes, so I had to check my Trad Gooitzen and sure enough, he has brown eyes too - I'd forgotten. The Trad also has eyewhites, but those didn't make it onto the mini - I suppose there just isn't enough room for bi-eyes on a Stablemate. I half expected to find gloss flaws on this guy, but fortunately there aren't any! He's quite nice in that department.

That brings me to the end of New Arrivals for today - I still have several models left to go, so tune in next time for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment