Thursday, August 1, 2019

Breyerfest Closeups: Hamilton

Greetings, readers! We're taking a break from New Arrivals today to take a look at the new Hamilton mold (2019 Premier Club #2) that was debuted at Breyerfest a couple of weeks ago. Since it's now August, these guys should be available for purchase anytime, so I wanted to get the photos up before they become old news. So, say hello to the spectacular Hamilton!



Any ambivalence I had about this mold is now gone - he has to stay at my house forever! I really like him. This was an actual plastic model on display, rather than a resin master, so we can be confident the production models will look just like this!



I especially love his head and face, and his flappy mane!



It's definitely high time we had a new Traditional Saddlebred mold, and I even take back everything I said about him being too similar to Mason. Breyer's new sculpts just keep getting better and better!



I do hope these models don't end up being tippy - according to the writeup, the tail is supposed to act as a counterbalance, so hopefully that works the way it's supposed to. Gah, I can't wait to get mine!



I hope Breyer doesn't make us wait too long to order these. I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a new release, except for the 30th Anniversary Stablemate set. Crossing my fingers that we get to order him soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment