Saturday, August 17, 2019

Featured Model - 8/17/2019, Serendipity

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Serendipity!



I picked her for this week because she's just so pretty! I love her color scheme. She's item #97267 on the Harper mold sculpted by Sommer Prosser. Serendipity was (or still is) a Walmart exclusive item for this year. No idea how many of them were produced, but probably in the RR range.

I wasn't that into Harper at first, but she managed to grow on me over time. Sommer has posted that she was inspired by the old Ginger mold, which I believe has been permanently retired due to damage to the mold. But Harper makes a good replacement!

Like I was saying earlier, I love Serendipity's color scheme. That combination of blue/pink/purple has been everywhere lately, and there are so many other molds I'd like to see it on! Hopefully we get something someday. Or maybe I'll win the lottery and then manage to win the Design Your Own Breyer silent auction - wouldn't this color look great on Othello? Or Ethereal? Oh, the possibilities!

As for Harper herself, I don't know where we'll see her next. She's already in the regular run line in three different places, so I don't foresee her getting another release there unless something else gets retired. Maybe a gambler's choice special run next year? Or something at Breyerfest? She's already been the Halloween classic, so I don't expect to see her there. Some type of gambler's choice would be fun, though - tired as I am of blind bag-related stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment