Monday, August 12, 2019

Breyerfest Closeups: Halloween Stablemates


Greetings, readers! Continuing in our series of Breyerfest Closeups, today I'm going to talk about the Halloween Stablemates that were featured in the Collector Club tent. Take a look!



It's been a while since Breyer last did any Halloween-themed Stablemates. The last time we saw any new ones (unless I'm forgetting something) was the Spooky Stablemates II set back in 2006, preceded by Spooky Stablemates in 2005. It's been a while!

So, our three molds are as follows:

G4 Arabian as Calavera
G4 Reining Horse as Bats in the Belfry
Rivet as Ichabod/Crane

Fortunately for me, none of those are molds I collect. Since it looks like these guys will be blind bags and/or shipped randomly, that's one less pile of blind bag garbage to deal with. Can you tell I'm getting tired of the blind bag gimmick? Well, anyway, here's a closeup of Mini Ichabod.



I love the detail on the little skulls! It's amazing what they can paint on Stablemates these days. Remember the fuzzy bats on the original Nosferatu? Haha! We've certainly come a long way from those days.



Mini Calavera is cute too, and they all have really great details, honestly. One wonders how the painters do it without going cross-eyed.

Hopefully these guys sell well - I always like seeing Stablemate mini-me models pop up, and more of these Halloween-themed guys would be very welcome. And I wonder if we'll still get a Halloween Classic this year if they're doing the Stablemates? I don't think Mason would lend himself to the Halloween spirit very well, but you never know. His mold has been sadly neglected since its introduction last year, so let's hope we get some kind of new release on him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment