Saturday, August 10, 2019

Featured Model - 8/10/2019, Glossy Saffron

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Glossy Saffron!



This handsome guy was a special run for Breyerfest 2017. He's item #711260G on the Geronimo mold sculpted by Kitty Cantrell. 800 of these guys were matte, while the other 800 were glossy, for a total of 1600 models.

While I'm not usually a stock horse fan, Geronimo is one of the exceptions. His mold didn't make much of an impression on the rest of the hobby, but I like him a lot! Too bad he doesn't get used more often, eh? Well, I think Saffron is one of the best examples of the mold so far - I like him better than just about all the releases, other than Cloverleaf. He's just a really nice color! I'd like to see it on a lot of other molds someday.

As for Geronimo himself, he's had a bit of a vacation recently - other than the Cloverleaf from last year (just 11 made), he hasn't been used since 2017. Where will we see him next? Maybe we'll get a web special, since he hasn't been used for that yet. I doubt he'll be used at next year's Breyerfest, so maybe we'll get him as a web special next year, or perhaps a collector club special run. Or maybe he'll get that mythical RR release at long last? I guess we'll find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment