Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Whoa! Did not see that coming.

 Well, the optional (or bonus) model for the 2022 Stablemates Club has been revealed, and...what a doozy! 


















Say hello to Helios! Though with that paintjob, he should have been called Hades. I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on him! I'm not crazy about his horn for some reason - I feel like it's not differentiated from his forelock enough. But that could just be me. I'm still rather conflicted about whether I want to actually join the club, because if it turns out I don't like whatever the new mold is, that means I'll be selling off all of them except the Fjord, and waiting almost a year to buy Helios. Bleh. I suppose I should just join and get it over with. 

Speaking of getting it over with, the final release in the 2021 Premier Club is finally available to purchase! 





















We have until 1/12 to purchase them, so don't feel pressed for time. I'm glad they gave us a long purchase window, so we can have a chance to recover from Christmas. 

And lastly, my Chalice is here! 





















Well done, Breyer. If the Premier Club models were this quality, no one would have anything to complain about. He's pretty much flawless and the amount of detail in his paint job is incredible. He's beautifully shaded, his masking is very intricate and perfectly applied, and he even has teeny eyewhites! 





















I'm happy that he came with a satin bag, as well - I wish the Stablemates Club would go back to the bags. 

















Too bad we have to wait a year to see the Deluxe Collector Club Stablemate for next year. Oh well - he'll have some pretty big (or small?) shoes to fill, going by how Chalice turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment