Sunday, December 5, 2021

Featured Model - 12/5/2021, 2014 Auction Make a Wish

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. Oops...I guess Featured Model has been on hiatus a little longer than I thought it was. Carry on, I guess...with the 2014 Breyerfest Auction Make a Wish! 

















This model was a OOAK offered at the Breyerfest Live Auction back in 2014. She was done on the Make a Wish mold (head down, loose mane/tail version) sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

What a beauty! Bay isn't my favorite color, but I do have a bit of a soft spot for red bays with a little bit of white like this. For a comparatively "plain" paint job, she has a lot of attention to detail, and I really like her thin blaze. A quick check of the records shows she sold for...$1800. Too much at the time, but a pretty good bargain now, huh? Let's hope those auction prices get back to a more realistic figure in the future. 

As for Make a Wish, her last appearance was as the brick-and-mortar SR Raia, in a color not too dissimilar from the above auction model. She hadn't been used for a few years before that, so it may be a few years before she's used again in any capacity, but you never know. I hate to sound like a broken record here, but I think she'd make a good Holiday Horse, too. Or perhaps next year's equivalent of Ambrose or Midas? She hasn't been a web special since 2010, so that's a possibility, too. As long as it's something I can get my hands on, I'll be happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment