Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Breyerfest 2022 Stablemates!

 More exciting news today, everyone! Well, first off, the Breyerfest ticket structure for next year was announced yesterday, and quickly became a radioactive subject. I'm not thrilled that the VIP tickets are returning despite the debacle of this year's shipping (if I'd been guaranteed a Pollock, only to get shipped a Dani instead and then being told "tough luck, all the Pollocks are gone" when I was GUARANTEED to get one with my ticket, I don't think I'd have stopped calling them until they painted another Pollock specifically for me. Yes, that actually happened to someone, minus the painting an extra Pollock part).   

From the blog:

VIP All-Access (VIP) Tickets - $230

Each VIP ticket will come with, or have access to, the following:

Entry to BreyerFest all three days

One (1) BreyerFest Celebration Horse Model

One (1) complete set of BreyerFest: Prost! Event Stablemates models

Pre-select and pre-purchase two (2) Special Run models

Pre-select and pre-purchase two (2) Limited Edition models

Complimentary, exclusive VIP Swag box

Access to workshops, including exclusive VIP sessions (additional fee applies)

Ability to enter BreyerFest model horse shows (additional fee applies)

Ability to enter BreyerFest contests

Complimentary KHP Parking pass, valid all three days of BreyerFest

Access to BreyerFest virtual content and shopping

Plus more!

I like how you still have to pay extra fees for the workshops and shows, 'cause nothing says VIP like still having to pay money like the rest of the plebes. I'd also expect to have free access to the lounge all weekend, though that may not be feasible if they sell 1,000 VIP tickets like they did last year. 

They also appear to have done away with children's three-day tickets, which is...definitely something. Looks like we'll all be paying through the nose for our special run tickets next year. 

Virtual tickets will not have access to the models from the special run line, but will be able to buy pretty much everything else, so I'm okay with it. 'Nuff said. I'm guessing this also means virtual ticket holders won't have access to the raffles or the live auction - also fine with me. 

In other news, the single-day (or, General Admission) Stablemates were revealed today! Behold! 

 










These are all acceptable choices, but the Alborozo just makes me groan. Give him a rest already! Plus his legs look weird. Maybe it's a sign that the mold needs a rest. I'm not into the G4 Hanoverian or the mini Clydesdale Stallion, especially with that hairdo and color (bay pangare is one of my least favorite colors), but I do like the look of that mini Emma. Must have! I suppose I'll have to grab a set and sell the extras, like usual. Though I'm hoping we get a larger version of the Emma's color. I guess we'll have to wait and see! I hope we get more exciting Breyerfest reveals soon - this is something we usually have to wait until May for, so I'm happy we get to see them now! 

Edit: Oops, I forgot last month's Collector Club newsletter was finally released today also. Sheesh, they must have been really behind for it to be this late. Collector Club members, check your email - there's nothing terribly exciting now that we've seen the silver filigree release, but there's a giveaway for a Lugh and an article about sculptor Rich Rudish, artist behind the Sham and Lady Roxana molds. I had a few Shams in my collection back in the day, though like so many others, I sold them all off for shelf space. I guess I do still have a Lugh from last year kicking around, if anyone would like to buy him. Anyways, happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment