Monday, November 5, 2018

Another news roundup? Why not?

It definitely looks like Breyer is trying to make up for their lack of news over the last couple of months. First up, the first release in the 2019 Premier Club has been revealed!


















It's a "Welsh Mountain Mare and Foal Set" sculpted by Josine Vingerling! Ooh!

I have to admit I'm not terribly excited about the foal, but I do like the mare. I join the Premier Club every year regardless of what the first release is, so I'll be getting this set regardless, but it looks like this particular set might be getting split up. Sad...

Not sure what it is about the foal I don't like. The rough coat, maybe? He'd make a nice companion for Croi, but I don't have any Croi models either. I guess it's curtains for the poor foal. Oh well.

Next, Breyer started teasing more things on Instagram today, starting with this:



And this:



Followed by this:



The general opinion on the Internets is that this is a Cleveland Bay, which I agree with. The question is, what is it? A new release for 2018? The Scottsdale Stampede is happening this weekend, so it could be a special run for that, but it seems weird to use a British breed for an Arabians-and-western-themed event. Also, the Cleveland Bay was used at the 2014 Big Easy Bash, so it seems a bit early to be using him again.

I also saw a suggestion that he's the 2018 Breyerfest Celebration Horse, which might make sense if said horse is some type of police horse. That seems as likely an option as anything else, so I'll go with that. Hopefully we find out what it is later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment