Friday, November 9, 2018

Scottsdale Stampede special runs are out, plus 2019 Premier Club!

Greetings all! Although I'm sad I didn't get to go to the Scottsdale Stampede, it's still exciting to see the new reveals! Here are the special runs for the event! Thanks to Jennifer for the photo!




Group A:

Bolo, (buckskin?) Show Jumping Warmblood, 124 pieces
Oakley, (bay splash pinto) Lady Phase, 76 pieces

Group B:

Sonorah, (perlino Bobby Jo), 60 pieces
Pima, (silver/gray appaloosa) Fighting Stallion, 56 pieces
Prescott, (blue/black Huck), 44 pieces
Chica Bonita, (chestnut sabino Wixom), 40 pieces

Well...I hate to admit it, but now I'm kind of glad I'm not there. The only special runs I'd be interested in are Bolo and Prescott - hopefully I can get my hands on those without too much trouble. Sonorah is pretty, though! I'm not sure how the Show Jumping Warmblood or the Wixom fit the western/Arabian theme, but trying to make sense of Breyer's choices for themes will only drive me insane, so I'm not going to complain about it too much...except I would have expected to see more than just one Arabian in this lineup.  I'm really hoping the Prescott is some type of blue-black decorator, though, because a solid black Huck is...not very visually exciting, and certainly doesn't make me want to spend the amount of money it would cost to get one of a run of 44.

No word on the Stablemate yet, which is disappointing. I guess those aren't being handed out until Sunday.

And I'm glad the special runs are being divided into two groups - otherwise I'm sure people at the end of the line would end up with multiple Bolos, and nobody wants that.

So that just leaves the Stablemate and the Saturday centerpiece model as the remaining reveals. I'm hoping for Mirado for the Stablemate, since he doesn't seem to be terribly popular, which would theoretically make it easy to get my hands on one. As for the centerpiece model, the trend for the last few events has been to use older, less-popular molds - so my money is on Buckshot. He hasn't been used for much for the past several years other than prize models, so he seems as likely a choice as any.

In other exciting news, the 2019 Premier Club is now open for membership! For the low, low, non-refundable deposit of $100, you too can join the club and hope you like whatever's being released next year. Not that I joined again or anything...Now if only they'd show us the rest of the 2019 Vintage Club releases!

No comments:

Post a Comment