Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Emerson is here!

Exciting news, everyone - as I mentioned yesterday, my Emerson has arrived! Check him out!



As previous photos of him have suggested, he's a difficult model to photograph for some reason. I'm still not 100% sold on him, but for now he gets to stay in the herd.



He has a nice color, and I know a lot of people were happy to see he's basecoated, but...I'm just not that into basecoats in general. He looks way too white and unnatural...to me, anyway. I have the same problem with my Blue Velvet (although she also has a pearly sheen that makes her look even more unrealistic).



He's not too bad, quality-wise - I would have liked his muzzle to have a little more pinking, and he has some blurred masking here and there.



His mane masking on the left side could have been done better, too.



So, to recap - not a big fan of basecoated white, wish his mane were masked better. But he's a pretty color and I generally like TB molds, so he can stay here. I'll be interested to see what they do with him in the future - I could see them doing (yet another) Black Beauty release on him for Breyerfest next year. Or perhaps he'll be a raffle model? Failing that, maybe he'll get a RR release, since we haven't seen the 2019 new releases yet. Looks like this year's new releases were announced mid-December last year, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see! And bring on the mini-Dundee!

No comments:

Post a Comment