Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Glossy Kodi, Stablemate Club grab bags, et al

I can't remember if I've already posted about the glossy Kodi models that have been showing up in some dealers' orders, so I'm going to just write about it now. So, last week someone found just one glossy Kodi, and then a dealer (I don't know which one) got a whole case of them. The Internets have been rife with speculation since then - are they a factory oops? Something that slipped out early, in advance of next month's (presumed) collector appreciation sale? Just Breyer trying to get rid of Kodi overstock?

Who knows. There's one currently for sale on eBay, and I'm sure it'll go for a ridiculous price, only for more glossies to show up later and massively devalue it. Never go crazy this early over things like this, people. You'll only empty out your wallets faster.

At least if she is the one "popular" mold they use for this year's collector club appreciation sale (along with 3 other unpopular molds, probably), I shouldn't have any trouble selling her. They need to hurry up and get that sale going - I purposely held off on buying several of this year's new releases so I wouldn't end up buying RR stuff I already had and then getting stuck not being able to sell it for what I paid. Hopefully they'll get around to that sometime next month.

Breyer also came out with Stablemate Club blind bags earlier this week for the low, low price of $50 a pop (two random SMC releases from years past per bag). Uh, usually we expect to get a better deal than that, like maybe $40 a box. I didn't order any, since I already have almost all the releases I wanted from previous years (the charcoal Fylkir still eludes me, but I figured the chances of getting one were too low to bother ordering). They're sold out now, but it looks like some people are getting Fylkirs. Maybe that release wasn't as popular as I thought it was? Who knows.

Also, the unicorn blind bags (including the blue chase Alborozo!) have been showing up at Cracker Barrel stores around the country. I checked our only local Cracker Barrel, but got zilch - no idea if they even got any in. I'm pretty much over this whole blind bag thing - I still haven't found a chase Django in the wild, nor did I even manage to get the lavender Alborozo from the 9 unicorn blind bags I got, so I think I'm pretty much done with blind bags. I hope that trend dies soon.

Lastly, the Collector Club advance access to the Black Friday sale opened up last week, but there wasn't anything special this year. Maybe they'll add new things when it opens back up on Friday? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment