Saturday, November 10, 2018

Featured Model - 11/10/2018, All That Razz

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. In honor of Breyer Collector Events and the Scottsdale Stampede, this week's model is...All That Razz!



This pretty girl was one of the releases from the Sweet Home Chicago event in 2015, which we were lucky enough to be able to attend during our honeymoon. She's item #712154 and was a run of 76 on the popular Bluegrass Bandit mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody and Sommer Prosser.

The Sweet Home Chicago event was the first of two that we've been able to attend so far, and while there were some snafus along the way, I at least managed to win a centerpiece model from it, so that was good. Getting stuck with four Four Stars models was less fun, but at least the extras sold for a decent price later on. And I eventually did manage to obtain the other models I wanted from the event, so it all worked out.

As for All That Razz, I think she's definitely one of the prettier releases on the Bluegrass Bandit mold, but I've always had a thing for flashy bays like this. The color really works on her!

In the 10 years since her introduction, the Bluegrass Bandit mold has been somewhat lightly used, so I wonder where she'll pop up next. She's never been a web special, so maybe there? Or maybe she'll be this year's Christmas Day special run - that could be fun. I hope we see her again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment