Friday, November 2, 2018

Friday News Roundup, plus Celeste!

Lots of...interesting and confusing...things to post about today! I'm not sure exactly where to begin, so I'll just jump right in!

First off, renewals for the Vintage Club are now open. I actually don't see a buy box on that page, but that might be something on my end. I'll have to get ahold of Breyer about it...if they show next year's releases, and those releases require me to rejoin the club.

Edit: Duh, I hadn't bought my 2019 Collector Club membership yet. All is well!

Next on the docket, the mysterious Zippo test model from a couple of days ago is now back on the website and the drawing can now be entered. There's been some speculation on Blab that he's a test for Rushmore, the bay roan Smarty from Breyerfest 2007, and I can definitely see it. Whoever he is, he's definitely pretty!

Now that I have that out of the way, I can talk about today's odd Breyer-related postings on the interwebs. First, Breyer posted this photo on their Instagram story:

Image may contain: text

Naturally, collectors were intrigued. A bay Bristol! What could it be? He was just used in the Premier Club, so couldn't be something coming out this year.

A few hours later, after the speculation had gone on unchecked for a few hours, Breyer posted a link to this video on their Facebook page. Warning: watch at your own risk.

Fortunately, I watched the video (well...half of it) so you don't have to. Amongst the annoyingly perky girl, scattered Breyer product placements, useless craft projects and the like (clearly I'm not part of the target audience for this), these two models appeared:





Okay, the bay Bristol is interesting, if a tad boring with no white markings. But the show jumper! At first glance, he looks like Here's to You, the Breyerfest volunteer model from 2014, but he's clearly not the same model. Here's to You has a snip, his color is darker and his tail isn't striped like the one in the video.

Unfortunately, despite Breyer themselves posing the question of (essentially), "What is this new model we're showing you?", the video doesn't actually say what either of these models are, which is incredibly frustrating. Clickbait is one thing when it eventually answers the question, but clickbait for clickbait's sake? No thanks, Breyer. Do better next time. My assumption is that these are new regular runs for next year, as that's the only thing the Bristol could be, and that looks like a RR-type paint job on the show jumper.

So, hopefully we get an official announcement about these guys (along with the rest of the 2019 line) soon!

Now for the moment you've all been waiting for - my Celeste is here! Observe!



I was going to take a photo of her with my other silver bay models, but that will have to wait for another day. She's definitely a beauty, though!



And I love her pearly tail!




Quality-wise, she's not bad - the masking along her mane isn't really the greatest, and the dapples on her right side could stand to be more subtle.



She also has some excess plastic on her left hind leg that didn't get cleaned off very well.



Nothing too terrible, though. I can't wait to put her on the shelf with her compatriots!

Whew! That was a lot of stuff to talk about. Hopefully we get more exciting reveals next week! I'm excited to (hopefully) see what we're getting for next year's Vintage Club!


No comments:

Post a Comment