Monday, November 12, 2018

Another Monday news roundup!

Ugh, there are so many new things to talk about, but I just haven't had the time to blog about them! I meant to write another silver filigree speculation post, but that just didn't happen. I would have guessed this year had a silver filigree on True North, since we didn't get one last year...but I would have been wrong! Meet Benasque!



From the website:

Benasque has an exciting electric blue filigree coat. Complimented by a high gloss finish, it is absolutely stunning no matter which way you view it! His features include pinking on his nose and ears, and his socks and blaze are painted freehand. A unique masterpiece, Benasque is a spectacular homage to the winter season.

Electric blue filigree? Looks like Copenhagen to me. Well, whatever. He's still beautiful and we wants one, precious!

It also says he's stamped "Benasque 2017" on the belly, but I'm guessing that's a typo. Also, it's a pretty short entry period - I wonder if he was supposed to have been released last week? They must be busy at Breyer too!  Good luck to everyone who enters!

Also, next year's Celebration Horse has been revealed - it really is Oliver from the KHP!



Breyer put up a post on the Breyerfest Blog today that gives a little more information about Oliver! From the blog:

One horse immediately came to mind – Oliver, Captain Lisa Rakes’ equine partner. As a member of the Kentucky Horse Mounted Police 11 year old Oliver (a Shire cross) certainly stands out in a crowd with black and white pinto pattern and his large stature. His friendly and curious nature has served him very well so far in the first six years of his career; he joined the unit at age 5. 

Definitely a fitting choice for Celebration Horse - I can't count the number of times I've seen Oliver at Breyerfest! Though the model itself won't be gracing my shelves (I don't collect the Cleveland Bay), he's definitely striking! Maybe the extras will have a higher resale value than normal, eh? 

Next on the list, the Stablemate for the Scottsdale Stampede was finally revealed yesterday, and IDYB already has photos!





It's Magnolia! I'm a little relieved it's on a mold I don't collect, though I'm a bit sad at the same time - I was really hoping it would be Mirado, since he really needs some love! Good thing he's in next year's SMC.

The centerpiece model from the Scottsdale Stampede was revealed on Saturday night, and I was totally bewildered when I saw it - Foalzilla? Well, okay then...



They're just not giving up on this mold, are they? Her name is Peplum. Well, fortunately it's nothing I need to buy - but the centerpiece models at these events tend to be on molds I don't collect, so I was expecting it to be something I didn't need. Interesting color, though - I'd like to see them use that on something else (more attainable) in the future! But clearly someone wanted her, because the scuttlebutt on Blab is that a couple of unsavory individuals tried to steal one, but were thwarted and kicked out of the Saturday dinner (and then didn't show up to buy models on Sunday). I suppose it was only a matter of time, since these models are worth so much. Hopefully Breyer doesn't do away with centerpiece models completely as a result.

As for when the next event will be, Breyer collector events happen in New Jersey every six years, and the last one was the Big Easy Bash in 2014 - so I'd expect the next event to be at Breyer headquarters in 2020. I suppose they could squeeze something else into 2019, though. I haven't heard anything from attendees about whether another event was hinted at, so we'll have to wait and see.

That's about all I have time to write about today, but fear not - I have more to post! My Emerson came on Saturday, along with my JAH - so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment