Thursday, July 18, 2024

New Arrivals: Cyrus, Solana and Athenian Lady

 Greetings, readers! I hope everyone is sufficiently recovered from Breyerfest. Welcome to the first Breyerfest New Arrivals post since 2022! I didn't end up doing any of these last year due to the craziness of moving to Kentucky, so I hope you enjoy this one! I'll start with Cyrus. 
















Technically these were a slightly-pre-Breyerfest purchase, as I picked them up at the KHP gift shop on Thursday. They had a ton of them! I also got a Picante, but she'll show up in a later post. Cyrus is very pretty! Though I didn't get a photo of it, he has a nicely stripey mane. Quality is pretty good too, but I can't say the same for Solana, unfortunately. 




















She's pretty good on the show side, but has some kind of box (?) rubs on her right shoulder despite not being anywhere near the side of the box and having one of those plastic guard things to support her. These things happen, I guess. She makes a nice match for Cyrus! 

Lastly, we have Athenian Lady:













It occurs to me that this is the first Celebration Horse I've kept since 2020. Nice! Quality is good other than a couple of shiny spots. But Dundee looks good in chestnut pinto! 

That's it for today. Check back tomorrow (hopefully) for more New Arrivals! 




1 comment:

  1. I finally figured out why I like Athenian Lady so much. Remove her white pinto markings & she looks just like Curlin! Same build & bright chestnut coat. Same high stockings on the rear legs & very similar blaze. It hit me when I saw the custom portrait model I did of him sitting on the shelf below Athenian Lady.

    ReplyDelete