Thursday, July 11, 2024

Breyerfest Day 0: The Calm Before The Storm

 Greetings, readers! I hope everyone is having a good Breyerfest Eve. We’re all settled into our room at the Clarion and have been selling things at a brisk pace - which is good, because this money is going to be my spending money at the KHP this weekend and I have a lot of tickets to redeem.

Where do I start with today’s recap? I went to the morning volunteer meeting at the KHP and was reminded of how much things have changed since the last time I volunteered (2018). We also got copies of the program, including the auction models, but I’m not sure I should talk about them until they’re officially-officially revealed (yes, I know about the quickly-deleted story on Breyer’s Instagram.) I also saw the mysterious models in person while beelining to the gift shop to buy a Picante, since those are finally in stock. I also picked up a Cyrus and Solana set, though they don’t seem to have any Salvino models yet. Drat, I was hoping to be able to skip the Breyer Store completely this year! Oh well. 

Then, after we were finished with lunch, I called the Clarion and confirmed we could check into our room early, so we promptly packed up my sales stuff and got everything set up in the room. After selling for a few hours, I decided to head down to the Artisans’ Gallery for a look at this year’s Breyerfest models. Behold!









First up: Salvino, Spinabbey and Gilded. Must have that Salvino!









Next is Apres Ski and Beowulf. I guess Breyer must have worked out the copyright issues with Beowulf? I hope so, anyway. 









After skipping some web specials that are old news by now, next is a beautiful Llywellyn! Speaking of - Breyer sent out another update that he’ll be available to purchase starting Monday, which incensed a number of online attendees who were hoping to bundle him with their Breyerfest stuff. Throw us a frickin’ bone here, Breyer! Sheesh. 














Next is the Tigerlily and Firestorm set! I think they’ve officially grown on me, by the by. Sigh. 









Next is a Stablemates Club display, including several things that haven’t been released yet. Have I mentioned how irritated I am by that mare/foal set with differing foals? People that collect both molds will wind up with extra mares they don’t want, and people like me who only want one of them will inevitably end up with the one they don’t want. 

But I don’t want to complain for this whole post. I do like Augustus, so there’s that.














Next we have Athenian Lady, Edge of Glory, Fight Song, I Will Survive and Miss Independent. I’m excited to add 4/5 of these to my collection tomorrow, and dreading the (inevitable) 35-piece micro runs. It’s happening, right?














Here’s another view of Miss Independent, Can’t Hold Us Down, Better than Revenge and Fighter and Survivor. I think Better than Revenge is my favorite one of the group, which makes me sad that I only have one ticket for her. 









Sorry, Not Sorry isn’t pictured because he apparently hasn’t arrived yet from New Jersey. Oops…But anyway. Next is Blue Zeus, Wild Thing, the crystal and some of the Bejeweled Stablemates. Blue Zeus was much coveted by the volunteers in attendance. 









Next is the rest of the Bejeweled Stablemates and the Best of Breyerfest set. Not much to say about these, except it’s amazing they managed to pick 9 molds I don’t collect for these sets. 









Last up is Always Chipper, Gascon the Great, Just Like Fire (or Ketchup and Mustard), and Alan a Days Work. Side note: I saw Alan and Buckeye at the KHP today during the volunteer meeting, so that was fun. 

That’s all I can think of to write about today, so I’ll stop here. Ooh, just thought of something else - I’ve only had one shopper mention the blog, so be sure to stop in and see me for your free Stablemate! We’re excited for Breyerfest to get started tomorrow! Gotta be up bright and early for my first volunteer shift - but I was going to do that anyway, right? Who sleeps in on Breyerfest Friday?

Happy Breyerfest Eve, everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment