Saturday, July 13, 2024

Breyerfest Day 2: Darn it, I missed the heckler

 Greetings, readers! I hope everyone had a great second day of Breyerfest! We certainly had a sweaty day. We picked up the rest of my special run models, dropped off our raffle tickets, watched some covered arena action, and then I did my second volunteer shift and had a nice time talking with the bus wrangler for my shuttle stop. After that I hustled to the Hall of Champions for the Live Auction, but missed the beginning of it. Apparently someone shouted something along the lines of, “Stop the online bidding!” and was booed by the rest of the audience? Why do the cringe moments always happen when I’m not there? I need more information about this. 

I’m trying to remember what I was going to talk about today. I haven’t had anyone else stop in and mention the blog. I’d love to get to five! That would definitely be a new record. There actually were two live auction lots that were limited to in-person bidders - can we make it 10 next time? I was surprised some of the auction lots didn’t go higher, especially the Dundee and the giraffe Lonesome Glory, along with the peacock Andalusian. The blue roan Alborozo was the sale topper, unsurprisingly, selling for more than $37,000. The bird Adonis wasn’t far behind at more than $32,000. Whew! Blab readers may have seen that I did a bad thing at the auction, but I’ll talk about that more later.

There’s a rumor going around that there’s some kind of surprise in store that won’t be revealed until after Breyerfest is over, and it might have something to do with Blue Zeus. He did go into backorder status last night, but the speculation is that there’ll be some kind of matte/glossy split, or maybe a mini Blue Zeus on the mini Fireheart. It may also have something to do with the 35th anniversary. Let’s hope we don’t have to wait too long to find out what it is! 

I (or rather, my husband) didn’t have any luck in the raffle today, sadly.  Maybe tomorrow! 

I still haven’t made my way through the Breyer Store. Today I realized I haven’t gotten a Breyerfest pin yet. I’ll have to get into the store tomorrow, though the pins are probably sold out. I still need to find a commemorative program, too. Guess I’ll be on a mission tomorrow! 

Sales at the hotel have been pretty good - I’ve already resold most of my extra special run models. Hopefully I can get the rest of them sold tomorrow, along with more of my other sales models.

That’s it for today - check back tomorrow for Breyerfest Day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment