Monday, January 17, 2022

Blue Moon...

 Well, the blue Breyerfest special run has been revealed- it's on Spirit and his name is Franz! 









(I wanted to title this post Blue Monday, but Breyer beat me to the punch, so...) Anyway, here's a tidbit from the blog post:

Painted by German artist Franz Marc in 1911, the Blue Horse is one of Marc’s most iconic works both for its simplicity and composition, as well as its unique use of colors. Inspired by this work of art, our Franz model has been done in a stunning shade of light blue on the Spirit mold, #577, with a navy mane, tail, and four navy socks.  We love the way this model has brought Marc’s work to life! 


There have been some comparisons to the Corpse Bride online, but I like this guy. Too bad I sold off my Spirits ages ago, though. Sheesh, only two SR reveals left to go and I still only want two of them. But here's the next hint...









Someone on Facebook guessed Big Ben, and his right shoulder and muscling around that area do seem to match up pretty well. I doubt this is a store special, since it's glossy (lately the store specials debut in matte and the glossy comes later), so it's probably another special run line item - perhaps our vintage mold? Big Ben isn't really "vintage" in the true sense of the word, but he does turn 25 years old this year, so that's probably close enough. But I sold off all my Big Bens a few years ago as well, so that only leaves one more special run line item for me to like! This is so bizarre - I think the last time I liked so few SR items was 2012, for pete's sake. I suppose it had to happen eventually, but it's still odd. 

1 comment:

  1. I don’t like any of the ticket SR’s either. At least not enough to buy an All Access ticket. I do like the two Breyer Store LE’s but not enough to spend $70-$75. Looks like I’ll either get a General Admission ticket or just pay admission to the KHP in order to shop the vendors at the Covered Arena. If BF is virtual again I’ll just sit it out again.

    ReplyDelete