Saturday, January 29, 2022

Featured Model - 1/29/2022, Glossy Caipirinha

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the glossy version of Caipirinha! 
















This enviable guy is item #711468G. He was a run of 4 produced on the Carrick mold sculpted by Sue Sifton. He was awarded to the Breyerfest 2016 live show managers, volunteer coordinator and the 2017 BreyerWest show manager. 

Talk about drool! This model is pretty already in matte, but adding gloss on top of that puts him over the top. I always liked his high white stocking and unique face marking - they make him stand out that much more. He's somewhat like a better-executed version of Puttin' on the Ritz without the greenish hue. Definitely one of my top grails, not that I'm likely to ever own one with prices being what they are. I do have the matte version from volunteering at Breyerfest 2016, so I'll have to be satisfied with him. 

Carrick has seen his fair share of releases since his introduction in 2013 (can't believe it's been nine years already!). His most recent appearance was as the web special Baruti last year, and he's had a couple of regular run appearances in recent years, so it's hard to say where we'll see him next. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as an auction model at Breyerfest, or perhaps a dark horse candidate for the Rotating Draft Surprise (seems unlikely though). Maybe the second Collector Club special run for this year? I could get behind that. Just as long as it isn't some micro run I can't get my hands on...


No comments:

Post a Comment