Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Warehouse finds and another reveal!

 Well, first things first...we have some mysterious new web exclusives this morning! 











These models appeared on Breyer's website this morning. Originally the price for each was $34.99, but that must have been a mistake as they are now $44.99. Models like this have shown up on the website before, and the thinking then was that they were made from leftover whiteware in the warehouse - hence the term "warehouse finds." It's probably safe to assume these have the same or similar backstory. Those models all were like plainer reissues of previous releases, though, and most of these colors seem to be new for these (all vintage) molds. So who knows exactly what their story is, but my guess is on leftover whiteware they decided to paint up and sell. Nothing I need, since I don't collect most vintage molds, but that QHG is pretty, as is the Roemer and Man o' War. It doesn't look like any of them have sold out yet - but they do qualify for the Collector Club 10% discount and free shipping over $49, so there is that. 

In other news, yesterday's sneak peek has been revealed - say hello to Rapunzel

















Ah, so there is an alternate mane option for Astrid after all! Makes sense. The roan color is pretty, though it seems a bit...blah. Maybe she'll be a matte/glossy split? I hope so - she would look amazing in gloss. Finally, something I want! 

From the blog:

Our Rapunzel, a tribute to this timeless fairy tale character, has been done as a stunning strawberry roan, with two white socks, and a braid in her long, flowing mane. Done as a Sport Pony on the Norwegian Fjord Mare, mold #808 sculpted by Maggie Jenner-Bennett, this long mane version of the mold will be released for the first time exclusively at BreyerFest: Prost! 
Uh...I hate to be pedantic about this, but isn't Rapunzel usually portrayed as a blonde? Maybe I just have that Disney movie in my head, I don't know. Well, anyway, it's not really that important, but it's still going to bother me a little bit. Maybe I'll have to rename mine Poison, or Steel Dragon or Def Leppard or something - she'd definitely fit in on stage with an '80s hair band. 

That aside, I'm excited to see what else is revealed! Presumably we get something else good tomorrow! 




2 comments:

  1. My prediction is that she will be the 50/50 mane split.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 405 Percheron models are left. I added 1200 to my cart, and that tells me how many are left to order. Breyer gave me a notice that only 405 are left in inventory. I recommend this method when determining how long before you should order something.

    ReplyDelete