Thursday, January 6, 2022

It's a Gloss Extravaganza!

 Sheesh, with all the glossy models I've been getting lately, you'd think I was a Team Glossy person! Well...no further comment there. But my glossy Limited Editions from Breyerfest 2021 are finally here, plus I was able to trade my glossy CCA Smarty for a glossy Moody Andalusian, so adding that to my glossy Astrid and the SMC foals makes for a shiny party! Behold: 

















I wish the Andalusian had been chalky, but at least I got one. They all look so good! 





















I think the glossy Rheverence is my favorite of the bunch, though. He already looked good in that buckskin color, so adding a coat of gloss on top made him stunning! I like the way his mane is masked, too, even if it doesn't exactly match the actual sculpted mane. He's a beauty! 





















Josie's paint job was already luscious in matte, and in glossy she just pops. This isn't even the greatest picture - her bay color has so much depth and the gloss just adds to it. 






















The only problem with Apollo is that his gloss is hard to see in photos, similar to the amber champagne Hero's Welcome. Mine also has a rather nastily warped left front leg, which is a shame.





















While he isn't basecoated, the glossy CCA Andalusian is still a stunning guy! I've always really liked the "young" grays that still have a lot of black in their color, and this guy is no exception. 

Quality-wise, they have some issues with lint/debris in the gloss, but that's just how it goes sometimes. Nothing too terrible other than Apollo's warped leg, so I'm pretty happy with them overall. Now I just have to fit them onto my shelves....

Edit: I forgot to add that we saw our first Breyerfest 2022 Limited Edition (formerly known as a store special) release today! Say hello to Montanara! 






















Not a mold I collect, but I'm always glad to be able to save some money. The old Friesian does look good in that color, I must say. More importantly, does this mean we'll get another reveal tomorrow? I hope so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment