Saturday, December 10, 2016

Featured Model - 12/10/2016, Kalahkaari

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's pick is...Kalahkaari!



This handsome guy was the second release in the 2012 Premier Club! Sculpted by Brigitte Eberl, around 750 of these models were produced. I had to re-photograph this model for the blog, and he's spent so much time on my shelf I forgot how much I liked his paint job. He's gorgeous!

The first thing I liked about him was his head, though - I just like his head and expression. So handsome! And of course, this was the first Marwari model Breyer had ever produced, with the curly ears. I knew right away he was going to stay with me forever.

Of course, the big question with this model was whether it would always have the curled ears, and even how the ears are curled in the first place. I've heard conflicting stories about whether the ears are an alternate mold or if they do it in the factory with heat guns, but either way it makes this mold unique.

I did have an ulterior motive with picking this model to feature this week - I happened to be lurking on the Breyer website last night, and noticed the Breyerfest ticket photos have been updated (look in your order history, if you've ordered tickets in the past) - and look what I found!



It's a thumbnail, but I like what I can see of the chestnut Marwari! It looks like he has the original mane, too - there was some speculation on Blab that Breyer might mix and match his mane and tail from the 2015 Breyerfest release, Haute Couture - but I'm going to guess they'll leave him with the original mane/tail. Can't wait to see more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment