Saturday, December 17, 2016

Featured Model - 12/17/2016, Two Step

Welcome, readers, to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is... Two Step!



Two Step, model #711162, was a Breyerfest special run way back in 2013. He was a run of 1,200 issued on the Desatado mold sculpted by Kristina Lucas Francis. This was the first time the Desatado mold was used after making its debut as a Premier Club model in 2012 (although its real debut was as the porcelain Roy Rogers' Trigger in 2002).

I like this release, although frosted dun is a color I wouldn't mind seeing on just about anything. I wish the frosting on his mane had been executed a little better, however, and I like to see a little white on a model. But I guess they can't all have chrome.

As for the mold itself, I like it as long as I don't look at his stifles from the front. Someone on Blab pointed out that they make his legs look like chicken legs, and now I can't unsee it (And now you can't either! Mwahahaha!). His tail is also a little odd-looking, but they kind of have to be to hold up the horse, and it does look more realistic than either Silver or the Fighting Stallion.

I have all but one of this mold's releases (I will find a glossy Picasso for a price I like someday...), although he's only been available in plastic for four years, so he hasn't built up a large variety of colors yet. I wonder what's in store for him next - perhaps as the 2017 Holiday Horse? We'll have to wait and see.


No comments:

Post a Comment