Wednesday, December 21, 2016

2017 Flagship Horse, Beachcomber!


Next year's flagship model is out, and it's...this girl!



She was unveiled on Chelsea's Model Horses' Facebook page yesterday. She almost looks like a pinto version of the WEG chestnut Esprit. As the 2017 Flagship Horse, she'll be available only through Breyer's flagship dealers.

Her name is Beachcomber (which seems a little silly), and she's intended to be a Chincoteague pony (At least they didn't name her Desertcomber?). I'd have named her Seashells or something.

The release being a Chincoteague pony begs the question: why didn't they make her a portrait of Misty instead? 2017 is the 70th anniversary of the original book's publication; it would be the perfect time. I'd definitely be more interested in buying this if it were a Misty portrait. As it is, I'll probably pass. I'm not really that interested in the Connemara Pony - I have Sugarloaf, but that's it. I've thought off and on about buying a Banks Vanilla, and possibly a Chanel. I don't have the urge to buy every release on her, though, which usually means she'd probably be the first up for sale if I needed money for something else.

I do like the shading on this release, though; we'll have to see how she looks in-hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment