Saturday, December 24, 2016

Featured Model - 12/24/2016, Enchanted Forest


Hello and welcome to yet another edition of Featured Model - the weekly blog event where I pick a horse from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's victim is...Enchanted Forest!



A mid-year release from 2010, Enchanted Forest is item #1423, on the Newsworthy mold sculpted by Sue Sifton. He was retired at the end of 2010, a pretty brief run. Not sure why; he's certainly handsome enough. The mane seam on mine is pretty prominent, but I don't know if they were all like that. I don't remember them having any terrible quality issues, either.

Whatever the reason for his retirement, I'm glad I have mine. This model is a portrait of a real pony, and they certainly did a good job on him. The mane seam issue was the only problem I spotted on mine.

I like this mold; he has a lot of personality. My husband likes it because he thinks it looks like our dog, which it kinda does. Something about the expression on his face. And he's the only updated jumper we have; I wish Breyer would come out with another one.

The stand is a bit of an issue; I'm never sure which way it should be facing. I have all of mine like in the photo above; if it's wrong, oh well. I think it looks better that way, like the model is cresting a wave or something.

The mold has had several regular run releases with braided mane/tail since its original run in 2008; aside from the Golden Boy Connoisseur, it took until earlier this year to get the loose-mane version of this mold - first with the web special Persimmon, and then the buckskin/dun Connemara. But that release is due to be retired at the end of the year. Let's hope they come out with something fun again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment