Wednesday, December 21, 2022

More new arrivals!

 Greetings, readers! At long last, my Anamar, Kit, Helios and Giorgio arrived today! Huzzah! Okay, they would have been here earlier, but I wanted to wait until I had enough money from sales build up in my PayPal account before I ordered them and that took a little longer than I hoped. Anyways, I'll start with Anamar! 




















What a hunk! 



















I wasn't sure if I'd like him at first, but seeing him in person confirmed he's definitely a keeper for me. I love his prancy, snorty attitude - he's basically the male equivalent of Carina. 





















I really like his face, especially from this side. It has a deerlike aspect to it, in a good way. He's beautiful! And slightly pearly, too. Honestly, his paint job looks more like a decorator than a real-life horse - imagine how beautiful he would have been if his dark areas were a dark blue instead of gray! Like stars in the night sky. Maybe someday when I'm rich I'll win the auction for the Design Your Own Breyer and commission my own starry sky Anamar. 

Anyways...quality-wise he's pretty good - some small flaws here and there, but nothing major. So I'm happy to add him to the collection! 

Next, here's Giorgio! 


















Interestingly, this is the first Giorgio I've seen whose color actually kind of matches Anamar - all of the ones I've seen online seemed lighter, or at least looked lighter in photos. But mine is nice and dark in his dark areas.




















Interestingly, he has a mildly sparkly finish, which I don't think is present on Anamar. Also, the Georg mold has been gelded in the transition from Traditional to Stablemate, which is interesting. Definitely something to ask the powers at be, should I ever have the opportunity. "Why did Georg lose his manhood when you shrank him?" Okay, I could probably be more diplomatic about it. Anyway, his quality is pretty decent too - some small flaws, but nothing major.

Next, here's Kit! 



















The clip pattern is nifty, I guess. I like his color, too, though I'm not as much a fan of his stance - he looks like he's in pain and trying to shift weight off his hind end. Or maybe I just had the camera at a weird angle. 



















Fortunately, he's pretty much flaw-free! Can't really complain about that.

And lastly, here's Helios! 

















I had thought this guy was clearware, but that doesn't appear to be the case. So what color is he underneath? Is he black plastic? Inquiring minds want to know. 

















He's also less purple than the promo photos showed, although I guess that's par for the course for Breyer. But I still like him! I'm more biased toward blue anyway, so he's basically perfect. Definitely a great first unicorn on the Fireheard (or, mini Fireheart) mold. Now when do we get a unicorn on the full-sized Fireheart? 

And with that, the 2022 Premier and Stablemates Clubs have come to their conclusion. So that's all I have for today! If I don't make any more posts this week, I hope everyone enjoys the holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment