Monday, December 26, 2022

2023 releases, at last!

 Exciting news on the day after Christmas - it's the 2023 regular run line! Check out the full catalog here. I won't include everything or this post will be way too long, but here are some highlights! 





















Gold Secretariat for the 50th anniversary of his Triple Crown win? If I hadn't purged all my Smarty Joneses, I'd be all over this. Kinda sad that he's my favorite racehorse but I no longer have any representatives of him in my collection...but anyway. He'd make a good companion to the original gold Secretariat from 1990. 





















Zafirah as a regular run in bay? Nice! Nothing I need, but those front legs do look a smidge better in this color. 





















Wow, a RR Astrid in a beautiful Fjord color! Gotta have her. 















Lots of new Classics/Freedom Series this year - I'm excited about the palomino Mason and bay Malik! Mason has been sadly underused, so I'm glad to see him get a new release. I believe that palomino appeared in some catalog photos a while back, so it's good to see him finally show up as a release. 

Other exciting things from the catalog: a black Wyatt, a chestnut blanket Geronimo as the 2023 Orren Mixer release, a palomino Firefly and Hawkeye set, an appaloosa Classics Mariah and Haflinger Foal set, the Classics Warmblood Mare as Neapolitan ice cream (I gotta think of a joke referencing strawberry being the only flavor left!), the Classics Warmblood Stallion as a unicorn named Lysander, and lots of new Stablemates, including a black Darley, a new 4-piece Poetry in Motion set I gotta have, a new 8-piece Unicorn set including a mini Fireheart (!), and so much more! 

No sign of the 2023 Holiday Horse or other assorted limited editions yet, but I'm sure they'll come soon. Is it too soon for Anamar to be the Holiday Horse? Because he kinda has that written all over him. I'm sure it'll happen soon! 

1 comment: