Friday, December 9, 2022

Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons, and other stories

 More good news, everyone! Amongst other things, I had a pretty good mail day today - behold! First off, my Neva showed up: 





















What a beauty! 





















Quality-wise, though...he's really kind of a mess. It's almost laughable - weird textures in the finish by his elbow, globs of plastic and/or paint in random places, bubbles in the gloss, poorly-applied masking, really bad overspray on the mane...the list goes on and on. And these guys are sold out, so I can't even ask for a replacement. However, the funny thing is...the snowmen:





















I'm getting major Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goon vibes from these snowmen. 





















Now, I love derpy stuff like this (I'm not a Barbie collector, but I do have two Barbie Christmas tree ornaments because one of them has a doofy face and the other one looks like she wants to eat your face), so I'm happy to add them to the collection. So yeah, if I was ever to decide to start showing (not likely), and if I could find a class to put this guy in (also not likely) his show name would definitely be Snow Goon. 

Now then, on to the next new arrivals. I was expecting Snow Goon up there to come today, but what I wasn't expecting...was two of my Poppy & Ollie sets! Huzzah! Behold the first one I opened! 















Fortunately, their quality was much better than Snow Goon. Though I have to say...normally I like alabaster, especially glossy alabaster, but I'm just not feeling it with this set. It's not so bad in the photo, but that yellowish cast Breyer added to make them look "perlino" mostly just makes them look like they sat in a smoker's house for way too long. So this is probably my least favorite color of the three.














At least the quality was good! And I got two different colors - behold my next set! 














Woohoo, the palominos! This color is easily my favorite of the three, despite there not being anything vintage about it at all. They're just gorgeous. 















The quality on this pair is mostly okay, but I really wasn't impressed with the mane masking job on the mare:





















They pretty much missed half her forelock when masking it off, and look at the giant white area behind the left ear. What a doozy. 

Oh well. Could have been worse, I suppose. So with any luck, my third set will be the bay, whenever it gets here. Here's hoping! 

There were a couple of other exciting developments today - the other two sculptors for next year's Premier Club have been announced! 




Jennifer Scott sculpted the first release (Cancion), so it's anyone's guess as to what Kylee and Heather will be sculpting. I'm excited to find out, though! 

And lastly, Breyer is running a holiday sweepstakes:












10 lucky winners will receive two Clydesdale Christmas blind bags from last year's event! Enter here - the deadline is 12/13. I won't be entering, as I don't want any of them - just more stuff to sell, and I have enough of that already. Good luck, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment