Thursday, October 17, 2019

I posted too soon!

Clearly I jumped the gun on my Lucien post yesterday. We also got the reveal of this year's Vintage Club bonus Stablemates:



For a second I almost thought they'd converted the Performing Misty porcelain over to plastic before I remembered the G1 QHM. I wonder if these will have the same nose issues Primrose had? I hope not. It looks like they're going to be a popular set! I'm not interested in the Misty, but I do collect the foal mold...so hopefully I can get my hands on it at some point. Maybe I could trade this year's Premier Club Stablemate for the set? I hope so.

In other exciting news, Breyer may have low-key revealed the last Premier Club model of the year, by including its silhouette in these 70th Anniversary products on the website - a journal, towel and blanket.



Take a look at the upper center area of the blanket, in between Lonesome Glory and Lady Phase. It looks like a drafter, labeled "2019." Could it be the elusive Premier Club draft sculpted by Brigitte Eberl! The hobby thinks so! Opinions are mixed at the moment, but I'm hesitant to say I like it just yet. From going by the silhouette, so far I see the same problem Stone's Bunny mold has: I like the front end, but not the back end. It just looks...odd. Hopefully the actual mold will look better, but who knows. If I do end up liking him, it'll be the second year in a row I ended up keeping all three of the PC releases...so we'll have to see.

Edited the post to add this teaser for the PC model, posted on the Premier Club blog today:



Not sure why the background is black. Anyway, it definitely looks promising! I'm hoping for a nice bay or blue roan, myself. Looks like we'll find out next week!

That's all the news I can find for the moment! Hopefully we get more exciting reveals soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment