Friday, October 18, 2019

2020 Vintage Club signups...and the 2020 Breyerfest Celebration Horse!

More exciting news today - the 2020 Vintage Club is open for signups!



Although they haven't confirmed it, presumably this Western Horse is the first release of next year's club. And, in the first photo we saw of him he was wearing a regular black saddle...but the above photo has him wearing a reproduction of the old Grooming Kit? How is that going to work? At first I thought the Grooming Kit one was matte and they were going to do a gambler's choice of matte Grooming Kit and glossy regular saddle, but I think they're both glossy. So it's anyone's guess what the plan is - probably a gambler's choice of either the kit or the saddle. Either way, they fooled me once, but I won't get fooled again - I'm not joining the 2020 Vintage Club.

(Unless one of the other releases is something I have to have and I end up eating my words...)

In other news, the 2020 Breyerfest Celebration Horse (and Model) were announced today! The Celebration Horse is Ballynoe Castle RM, an Irish Sport Horse who has been quite successful in the eventing world.



I think this is the earliest we've found out the Celebration Horse in quite a long time - I remember the Brass Hat model was revealed in late October 2017, but we're not quite there yet, and Oliver wasn't revealed until November of last year.

So anyway...along with the announcement of the Celebration Horse, comes the announcement of the Celebration Model - Ballynoe Castle's portrait model is on the Show Jumping Warmblood!



My first thought was that this is the mysterious Show Jumper that was in that dumb clickbait video a while back, but I went back and checked - it isn't him. It seems really odd that Breyer would just let some random YouTuber mess around with a test model, but apparently they did, unless they have a new RR of the Show Jumper hidden up their sleeves. I guess we'll find out when we see next year's new models.

My second thought was, "Ooh! A new Show Jumper!" and then, "Drat, I'll have to come up with a costume contest idea again..." But don't get me wrong - he's an excellent choice for a Celebration Model. I was expecting it to be Croi, myself. Maybe she'll be the surprise model instead? Seems a little too obvious, though. Then again, she did show up as that spectacular glossy rainbow auction model this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment