Saturday, October 19, 2019

Featured Model - 10/19/2019, Mini Nazruddin

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...Mini Nazruddin!



I know this guy is still pretty new, but he's so special I wanted to give him his own Featured Post anyway. He's item #711354 and was a run of 2,000 on the Darley mold sculpted by Tabatha Pack.

I was super happy to see the Darley mold included in the 30th Anniversary Commemorative Set, even though the real Nazruddin isn't an Arabian. The new mold was nowhere to be found in the new releases earlier this year, so I was really hoping he'd show up at Breyerfest, and I was right!

I know, I said he looked wonky back when all we'd seen of him was the unpainted resin, but he looks a lot less weird/awkward with clothes on. And flaxen chestnut looks really good on him! I love his flying tail! His pose still looks kind of awkward, but maybe he's just in a really enthusiastic canter or something. Just imagine a giant pile of carrots ahead of him or something.

So, where will we see Darley next? It's almost time to find out what the new releases for next year will be, so maybe he'll be a new regular run Stablemate release. Or maybe they'll come out with a new shadowbox set and he'll be in it? I'd kill for a new shadowbox set. Just as long as the blind bags go away and never come back...but I have a feeling we haven't seen the end of those yet. I also wonder if they'll pull a Mirado and have Darley show up in the Stablemate Club next year? That might be fun - if they take a hint and do away with the randomly-shipped thing. Sometimes I think they'd randomly ship everything if they could get away with it. No thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment