Saturday, October 26, 2019

Featured Model - 10/26/2019, Silverado

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Silverado!



This handsome guy was a Connoisseur model back in 2008. He's item #90143 on the popular Othello mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

Silverado is a beautiful model! One of the prettiest on the Othello mold, in my opinion. Whoever decided to produce him in silver bay definitely should have gotten a promotion for that. He has beautiful subtle dapples, and while he doesn't have any pinto areas, his blaze is still mapped. Excellent! He doesn't have the pearly mane and tail like many more modern silver bay releases, but he's totally fine without it. I feel like a coat of gloss would have been the icing on the cake, though...can you imagine? Of course, that would have driven collectors into a frenzy over him, so it's probably better that he isn't glossy.

As for Othello, where will we see him next? He was a web special in 2017, so we probably won't see him there soon. He was the volunteer model at last year's Breyerfest, and SBH Phoenix is ending his longtime run this year. Will we see glossy SBH Phoenix models at the end of the year for the Collector Club appreciation event? Sheesh, I hope not. He was last year's Christmas model, too. However, I could see him showing up in the Breyerfest special run line next year - I'm sure they could rope him into the Celtic theme pretty easily. That, or maybe he'll get another RR release - I'd be down with that too. Whatever they do, though, I hope they don't turn him into a Stablemate - he's hard enough to collect in his original size!


No comments:

Post a Comment