Saturday, October 5, 2019

Featured Model - 10/5/2019, Copper Chase Django

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it, and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the copper filigree Django chase model!



He's item #6039 on the popular Django mold sculpted by Josine Vingerling. Official production numbers have never been given, but he isn't particularly rare.

I finally found this guy for a price I was willing to pay at this year's Breyerfest (still too much for what amounted to a RR item...grr...), and while I don't know for sure, he's probably from the latter part of the run, when the copper filigree Djangos started showing up at Tractor Supply stores in much more plentiful numbers than their original run. Of course, the color looks great on him (what color doesn't?). I'm a sucker for metallic paint jobs, and it's hard to make anything look bad on Django.

As for the mold, I'm still waiting for him to be issued in black, since that's the obvious color for him that hasn't been used yet. I'm still a little bewildered that he wasn't used in the Breyerfest 30th Anniversary Commemorative Set as Gooitzen fan Teakesyl, since the original G3 Friesian has appeared in solid black how many times now? You'd think they could have used a newer mold that just happens to have not been used in that color yet, but I guess not. Maybe they're saving it for something really special.

I think we may be due to get new Stablemates this year? Maybe not; I don't remember for sure. But if so, I hope we get a new release or two on him! Just, you know, not something that's stupidly hard to get, like the copper chase piece was.

No comments:

Post a Comment