Saturday, October 12, 2019

Featured Model - 10/12/2019, Fantasia del C

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...Fantasia!



This pretty girl is item #1777, a regular run on the Hermosa mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. She's a portrait of the real Fantasia, an Andalusian mare who was one of the guest horses at Breyerfest 2017.

This photo is actually of my old Fantasia model; I sold my original Fantasia/Gozosa set because the mare didn't stand very well and was starting to get rubbed up from falling over. When I ordered a new set, I was pleasantly surprised to see the mare was chalky! I don't have a photo of her, though.

Anyway, I think white/light gray works very well on this mold, probably because white works well on almost any mold. She embodies the mythical white horse very well. Even the chalky version of her is quite nice, and I generally don't like chalky models.

As for the mold, she was used as Celeste, the surprise Collector Club model, about a year ago, and she's still in the regular run line as Fantasia, so I don't know where we'll see her next. Maybe at Breyerfest? She was a special run there in 2016, though, so it seems unlikely unless she's a prize model. Maybe she'll be a web special next year? That would be fun. For that matter, she and Corazon could show up as this year's holiday mare and foal set; I wouldn't be opposed to that. Maybe some companion unicorns for Rosalind and Rigel? I'd totally be down with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment