Monday, September 16, 2019

Stella is here!

Good news, everyone! Our local Tractor Supply finally did their fall reset, and my husband found a Stella in the wild! Huzzah!



Isn't she pretty?



My hasty cell phone photos don't hold a candle to Breyer's (at least the ones for this model) but I'm very, very short on free time these days, so they'll have to suffice. At least she didn't have any box rubs!



Unfortunately, she isn't the best in the quality department. It looks like the body they used for her wasn't prepped very well - she has lots of little bits of excess plastic that should have been cleaned off. Like I said, at least she doesn't have box rubs, but it still irritates me. That and her lack of painted horseshoes and total lack of hoof striping despite the ermine spots on her feet. TSC special runs generally sell well enough that I'd have thought Breyer would put more effort into this release, especially after how nice Hakan and Sampson were. But them's the breaks, I guess. I'm definitely still glad they used Bluegrass Bandit for something - she needs more releases! More, I say! Well, maybe we'll get a web special on her next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment