Saturday, September 21, 2019

Featured Model - 9/21/2019, Crepe Suzette

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Crepe Suzette!



That's right, I finally got my hands on one! This handsome guy was a Single-Day Stablemate model at Breyerfest 2015. He was item #711217 on the G3 Cantering Warmblood mold sculpted by Jane Lunger, with 1500 produced.

It took a while, but I finally got one late last year. He's definitely a worthy addition to the collection. As has been noted, he's a mini version of Fire, and I'd say the color translated pretty well. Of course, he's not an exact match, since some of those details are hard to perfect on something so much smaller. But he's still beautiful! I love him. I'm always a sucker for glossy chestnut, and the white blanket makes him really striking.

As for the mold, he was used last year as a Man o'  War portrait for the Single-Day Stablemates lineup again. I hadn't predicted that they'd use him, but I suppose I should have - he does have a lot of presence, and Man o' War had that in spades. Where will we see him next? He's being used in the current line in a few different places, so I don't think we'll see new releases on him anytime soon, but it could happen. Maybe he'll show up in the Stablemate Club next year, or the Fairytale Friends club? If it's the latter, I hope he gets a more interesting color than the glittery pastels they're doing this year. Crossing my fingers!

1 comment:

  1. Somehow with a name like Suzette I thought it would be a mare. (Do I have gender bias?)

    ReplyDelete