Saturday, September 28, 2019

Featured Model - 9/28/2019, Manco Capac

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Manco Capac!



This beefy guy was the Collector's Choice model for the first half of 2010. He's item #1358 on the Peruvian Paso mold sculpted by Linda York.

In a ranking of Collector's Choice models, this guy would definitely be on the higher end - he looks pretty good in red roan. I like the contrast of his dark head and legs against the rest of his body, and he has three socks to give him some flash! Definitely a handsome guy. I wish Breyer would bring back the Collector's Choice series - I'd really like to see what designs people could come up with on the newer molds.

As for the Paso itself, I think it's high time this mold had a new release - I've been thinking about selling off the ones I have for shelf space, and a new release would help convince me to keep them a while longer. On the other hand, I'd have to spend money if he got a new release....so maybe not. Time will tell, I guess. I don't think he's ever been a web special, so that would be my guess for his next appearance - but probably not this year, as I don't see him being a good fit for a holiday design (since they wasted silver filigree on him already).

Where else might we see him? He's not a terribly popular mold, but maybe they'd use him as a Breyerfest prize. He has been a prize before, but that was back in 2005, so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. I suppose he could also be a special run, though he wouldn't match the theme. But that hasn't stopped Breyer before - so anything goes, I guess. Either way, I hope his next release is something I can get my hands on!

No comments:

Post a Comment