Sunday, September 8, 2019

Derp! I forgot about the Friday reveal...

Bleh, I can't believe I forgot about the Vintage Club set that was supposed to be revealed on Friday! Say hello to...Lillian and Molly?



Well, those names are random. Cute name for the foal, though.

Anyway, this set is beautiful! They don't look like they'll be an exact match for Bristol, but they'll be close enough. I did find a set to purchase secondhand (not terribly difficult, if you're also wanting a set), so I'm excited to get them in hand and take a photo of them with Bristol. I especially like the contrast of the black part of the mare's neck against the white and then the buckskin. I hope we get to order these soon!

As for the Thoroughbred Mare and Nursing Foal themselves, I'm glad we finally got to see them in he Vintage Club, though I'll always be sad we didn't get them in glossy alabaster. Maybe in a few years, when Breyer has to start repeating molds? And no, buckskin pinto isn't a vintage color, but I can see where Breyer is coming from here. Vintage Club models aren't known for being in high demand, other than the gambler's choice. People can't even sell most of them for their issue price, as I found out last year. Something with a modern paint job on a vintage mold is theoretically more likely to sell well (especially at the $135 price point Breyer can't seem to let go of), so I can see why they'd use a modern color. But I was really hoping for that glossy alabaster...

2 comments: