Saturday, September 7, 2019

Featured Model - 9/7/2019, Sand Dollar

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Sand Dollar!



This little guy is item #90141 on the Bouncer mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. He was one of the Connoisseur releases for 2007 and was a run of 350 pieces.

I picked this model because I think it's high time for a new release on Bouncer! I think this guy is one of the better-executed Connoisseur models, despite his chicken-wire dapples - his color is soft enough that you don't notice it too much. It's interesting that I like this model so much, considering he's very similar to Victory, who I wasn't as much of a fan of. For that matter, it looks like Victory doesn't have any dapples at all - kinda disappointing for a 10-piece run. But I digress.

When did we last see a new release on Bouncer? He was an auction model at Breyerfest last year, but it looks like the last attainable release on him was Icicle back in 2013. Sheesh! For a mold as popular as he is, he hasn't even had that many releases in the first place. So I hope we get a new one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment