Saturday, September 14, 2019

Featured Model - 9/14/2019, St. Moritz

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...St. Moritz!



This pretty boy was the Holiday web special for 2017. He's item #712225 on the Esprit mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody, with a piece count of 380.

St. Moritz was pretty popular when he was released, and for good reason - his color is really cool! I love the light blue and purple, and I really like how his mane and tail, and feet, look like they're made of ice. Super-cool effect. I really hope we get to see this color again on another release someday - it's definitely on my list of colorways to use, should I ever manage to win the lottery and then win the bidding for a Design Your Own Breyer silent auction.

Breyer has kind of laid off the silver filigree models for the last few years - 2016 was the last year we had one, with Avalanche. Will we get one this year? I kind of hope so, just for old times' sake, but I wouldn't say no to another web special with this color!

As for Esprit himself, he was the "hot" new mold for a while - maybe he still is - but it seems like Breyer has cooled off some on using him. I suppose it was bound to happen, especially with the billions of new molds it seems like we get every year. He hasn't been used since this release, though maybe Breyer thought the mold needed a rest after it was the surprise model at Breyerfest 2016. Maybe he'll manage to win the Makin' a Splash voting contest from Breyerfest? I guess we'll find out eventually. In the meantime, maybe he'll be another web special next year, or a TSC special run! I guess we'll have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy to be picked for this guy! Definitely want to see this color used again.

    ReplyDelete